Thursday, September 11, 2008

Wasabi Sushi & Bento

Japanese fast food places are very common here and I think it's because Londoners think it is "healthy" with the sushi, tofu, edamame, and small portion diet. Back in the states, you can see a Panda Express at every food court and commercial area. In London, you will always be able to find a Wasabi. It's the closest I can get to "Asian Food" at work so I decided to give it a try.


There are at least two near where I work...and there is always a long line (queue) at lunchtime.

I got the chicken yakisoba for £3.95 and it was huge enough for lunch for two - so I saved the leftover for next day.

It's alright - not the best, but not the worse. It's a little too salty and I should've ate it with some hot sauce. Besides noodles and fried rices, there are also bento box lunch with katsu, yakitori, croquette, tempura, sushi, and other Japanese/Chinese style dishes - not to mention ORANGE CHICKEN (wtf...this is not Panda Express!)

4 comments:

Cinnie said...

Not bad at all. It is better than having salad and sandwich everyday. I believe you miss the fish ball noodle a lot at "Kong Chai Kee" la.....

tal. said...

are u missing all the good food in hk now =P

sample said...

umm, in honor of QB, i will have Golden Deli pho tonite.

Jevon Lam said...

In honor of QB I will have Lee's wings this weekend.

P.S. Is that the fish ball noodle soup in hk? I miss it as well =(