Saturday, September 20, 2008

Borough Market

For class, this weekend is "British History Weekend" and we had a small brief lecture on the history of London and history of United Kingdom this afternoon. There is no way to learn about everything in a weekend, so of course, lecture was followed by a series of research assignments. Anyway, for lunch, we hit up the Borough Market. Borough Market is London's oldest market and it's located in its original location. The market is only opened on Fridays and Saturdays for the public, but it's opened early in the mornings for wholesalers everyday. The market was awesome - the produce were so fresh and there were also a wide range of food booths so I had my lunch here on a beautiful Saturday afternoon.


This is the retail/food booths side...

Fresh seafood

Fresh produce

all kinds of potatoes...

Bratwurst!!! that's what I had for lunch!

bratwurst w/ sauerkraut and dill mustard!!

it was SOOO good!

There were many cheese booths too...and yup, u can sample them! I must've sampled more than 10 kinds of cheese!!

And oyster...but I'll wait till I get paid to get some...hehh

This is the market side. The weather was beautiful!

Fresh, organic apples!

More fresh seafood! This guy was just waiting for me to take a snap of him! The seafood is so fresh and inexpensive...a whole sea bass is only £3.5!! I think I will come back another time and get some fish for grilling...!

There are even some Chinese veggies...

I was thirsty so I got a cup of fresh apple juice! Only £1!

We saw a fire at the corner. I think it was a real estate office. I got to see some London firefighters in action!

Borough Market is great for food - I wish it was opened on Sundays as well but I will definitely come here for some fresh produce and a yummy Saturday lunch. The weather was so beautiful today that it was perfect for an semi-outdoor market!

3 comments:

mfle02 said...

“For those of you who don’t think length matters, I disagree – especially when it comes to wieners.” – Martha Stewart, holding a 15-ft.-long hot dog, on an episode of her TV show.

sample said...

hey QB, u r eating dat Bratwurst!! dat looks gooooood. so gooood. very gooooood. now u know why i love Germany.

Jevon Lam said...

man ur so lucky... i want brathurst... and the cheese looks awesome too. last time i went to europe i considered sneaking some fresh cheese back haha. not that good of an idea.

martha stewart is awesome...