Thursday, September 11, 2008

Comedy Cafe

Every Wednesday, Comedy Cafe has an open mike night for amateur stand-up comedians. A few of us decided to check it out after work since it's free cover! Open mike night is intended for aspiring stand-up comedians to compete with each other. Most of them have a very decent day time job and is just doing this as a passion. The judges are selected among the audience. The funny thing is - the three selected judges for tonight are all Americans. Well, I guess the Brits just trust the Americans more in terms of stand-up comedy. Overall, it wasn't bad at all! Who ever sad the British people can't do stand-ups needs to check this place out.


The entrance of the cafe.

These are the menus - sorry I know it's blurry, but I was trying to avoid using the flash.

He was like the host of the night and of course, he performed as well.

This guy is a lawyer by day.

I love him - he is gay and his makes the best gay jokes.

These two were just silly....I don't think they were that funny.

This is Simon and he was the winner of the night. I don't know why, but people (and I'm talking about the judges, especially) are always interested in dirty jokes...Americans are just perverts, I guess it's also Americans are immature....haaaa...we think everything is a joke...

Group picture with the girls - September, Kate, Aimee, and Jenn.

It was a great night - great stand-ups, great wine, and great people. It's always good to go out on a weekday and just relax and hang out with a few.

1 comment:

Jevon Lam said...

We must go when we come visit.