Friday, September 5, 2008

Chinatown Night

My buddy Kal was craving for some roasted duck (燒鴨) so we headed out to Chinatown after work today for some authentic London Chinese Food.

We went to a restaurant called Four Seasons because Kal said they are famous for their roasted duck.

We ordered half a duck for the both of us.

We also got a veggie + beef (芥蘭牛肉) - all I can say is the veggie was very 老 and the beef was chewy...

That was our bill - if you can't see, the total came out to be £22 which means £11 per person. I now declare that this was the most expensive meal I've had in London since I've been here. I'm eating McD everyday next week now....

On the way there, I found "Wong Kei" as recommended by Fong Yee - and I will try that soon.

I also found 利口褔, as told by Uncle Francis for being shady and his friend got her purse stolen INSIDE the restaurant when there were no other customers inside. It's actually on Gerrard Street which is like the main street of Chinatown. The funny thing is, I think it's closed down.

It was a good dinner, but I don't think it was worth anything more than £5. Oh well, money is money - stop being so bad to myself.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that roasted duck actually looks pretty good... Hah you learned to distinguish your gai lan from your choi sum? Nice...