It was raining cats and dogs that day.
Brighton Pier from afar. This is what Brighton is famous for. There's an amusement park at the end of the pier just like Santa Monica Pier.
There's a little arcade/casino inside.
Hahaha, I wanted to do this for some reason. I miss driving.
It was so windy outside that we couldn't walk without holding on to the rail. The water was so rough...
See...it's famous for its beaches (even though it's pebbles and not sand), but the weather condition was just not suitable for standing outdoor even.
It stopped raining, but look at the clouds.
Along the beach side.
There was a wedding at the town hall. The car is so cute!
Inside this little restaurant/bar area...we wanted some food, but nothing was opened besides Starbucks.
There were many little stores inside the narrow walkways.
Since nothing was opened, we walked around, and I guess this restaurant was desperate for some business, so they said they can tell the chefs to make anything.
Jamie ordered a cheeseburger and it looked yum.
Aimee got lasagna and it was pretty good too.
I ordered a British breakfast...and I thought I only get to choose one of the sides, but it turned out I get everything! It was soo sooo sooo good! I didn't eat for the rest of the day.
Since it was raining, we went shopping instead. This is T.K.Maxx, which is the equivalent to T.J.Maxx back at home.
And yes, it sells the same kind of stuff - designer clothing for less.
Then we walked over to a shopping center for window shop around.
the busy area in Brighton.
The Royal Pavilion is the landmark for Brighton. It looks kind of like the Taj Mahal.
The environment was very peaceful and calm.
We didn't realize that we could've actually gotten in for free because we all work at UBS....but I know for sure we'll come back again.
The weather didn't get any better, so we took an earlier coach and headed back to London.
1 comment:
Leave it to bernice to partake in a beach trip on a rainy day... haha.
that breakfast does look really good. but try the eggs benedict for me. i regret not getting it there...
Post a Comment