took the DLR there...feels like the New Territories a little bit of the Tung Chung Line in HK...
The Greenwich wheel...we didn't go in that direction though
There was a little market and yup...more cheese!
This is the National Maritime Museum..it's free, but the weather was too nice to stay indoor. We'll save it for the the next visit.
This is a pretty famous park...and on the right, there's a building with the sharp corner, that's the Royal Observatory.
This is the view from half-way to the top of the hill. The tall buildings area is Canary Wharf and it's where most bank's headquarters are at, including Lehman Bros, Merrill Lynch...and AIG. I think the tallest building is the HSBC building.
You can see the view of London Town on a clear day....like today! I took so many pictures. The weather and the view was gorgeous.
We bought some food from the market and ate at the park overlooking the city. I got some turkish meatpie..and it was pretty good!
This is the Prime Meridian!!
Yes, there's literally a line there. At night, the building "opens up" and the line is demonstrated with a green laser.

Kate, Jenn, and I at the line.

On the other side....with the city in the back.

We were just messing around...trying to be on both sides of the timeline at once...heh
The Royal Observatory, where Sir George Airy did his research. Like many museums in London, this was free!! The exhibitions at the museum were mainly on timekeeping and the importance of time and direction in sailing. Also, there were a few on telescope. I mean, all the topics kind of tie with astronomy as well.
Another view of the city...too gorgeous. Far away from the city with all the greens, yet close enough to not feel no man's land.
24 hour clock!!
Me being fobby and a tourist. Just want to let yall know I WAZ HERE!

Rebeccah joined us later on...
I just gotta post the view from another angle....
Next time you're in London, Greenwich Royal Observatory is definitely worth visiting! Griffith Park Observatory...無得比! (not comparable)
4 comments:
haha the prime meridian eh? you're showing me so much things in London that I want to check out. Time to save.
i noticed you didn't put up your fobby peace sign in your fobby tourist pic.
London city looks so different in your pictures. A bit too modern....
24 hour clock !!!! gota make myself one.
Post a Comment