Sunday, October 5, 2008

Stonehenge

I'm sure most of you have seen the infamous Stonehenge on the Discovery Channel. It's located in the Wiltshire County, just north of Salisbury, about a little less than two hours away from London. It is essentially in the middle of nowhere and it's super windy and cold over there.

Why are the stones there? Nobody really knows...there are still plenty of archeologists and historians trying figure out why the stones are there and why they were built the way they look like. I think some scientists used carbon dating and suggests that these stones have been here since 3000 BC. I took plenty of pictures from different angles and messed with my camera a little to get different effects....but I'll just post a few to save you from boredom..haha

It was pretty chilly when we got there, luckily, it was not raining....and there was a little bit of sunlight.

All of a sudden, it got pretty sunny for like 10 minutes...

What do you think this used to be?

Another angle...

On the "other side"...and you can see how the weather was changing...

This is from another side...

This is called the Heelstone...and it looks like a sculpture looking over the stones in the middle...

See how the weather is changing....

A closer view

I like the sky...so "textural"

My tourist shot - Lorraine, thanks for the scarf!!! It wasn't useful in LA...but now it's SUPER USEFUL and I use it everyday!

With the girls....it was freezing, can you tell?!

Picture of a picture of the Stonehenge

You're not allowed to walk close to it or touch it...this is the closest I can get...

On the coach in the middle of no where in the English Countryside...

There were many rumors as to why the stones are there...and everyday, there seems to be a different story. Well, use your imagination...maybe you'll win a Nobel Prize....

5 comments:

mfle02 said...

i'm gonna say it's a mix of astrology and religion.

and i noticed you called the bus a coach. interesting.

sample said...

umm.
they look like door/gate/entry to another world/space/territory.
(cliche!)

dat's why u r not allowed to go near it nor touch it.

but why not? life and death is inseparable anyway.

Unknown said...

i dont think you can win a nobel prize for an archaeological discovery unless it's some sort of physics or chemistry related topic... or econ... or peace... yah i dont think any of those fit... but that's cool you got to see the stonehenges... and im totally not jealous of you for having the weather over there...

Annie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jevon Lam said...

OMG YOU WENT TO STONEHENGE!!! I soooooo wanna go. =(

And you need to take more tourist shots. The scenary pics are awesome but we need more pics of you in there.