I needed a place to write my history paper quietly so I decided to go to the British Library. The British Library has the biggest collection of books and media in the UK. It has a copy of every single book published in the UK. It's like the Library of Congress in the US except the oldest item here dates back to 300 BC whereas the Library of Congress has the largest collection in the world. Well, I wasn't here for the books because you cannot check the books out and you can only read them in the reading rooms. I hit up the cafe instead and used the free WiFi.

The building is very new, I think it was remodeled and re-opened in the late 20th century.

Hahaha see, it's probably not what you have expected. Reminds me of
沙田 for some reasons...
The inside...it has I think 6 or 7 floors of reading rooms.

The collection inside the glass is known as the King's Collection. I think it's only for decoration...

What's better than spending a Sunday writing a history paper at UK's largest research institution? Gosh, I'm such a nerd.
1 comment:
yes it does look like Shatin!!!! just like where Kelvin performed for Jean Wong and where we watched him!
Post a Comment