Sunday, August 24, 2008

129-131 Sutherland Ave.

I finally have settled down at my permanent accommodation! Well, at least until March next year, because by that time, we will have an option of choosing another housing facility. The only con of living here is that it costs £93 each month (VERY PAINFUL) for transportation and going to work is like a 40 minutes tube ride every morning and evening. Other than that, I'm liking the area very much!



We all moved out at 1pm...it was chaotic...!! The entrance, the hallway, and elevator was so tight and narrow and our bus was late!



That's the blue front door! It can be recognized easily from far away.

3-story and basement floor.

My room before I re-arranged the furniture...feels just like the dorms haha

The dinning room

The living room...but this is such a poor shot...haha


The kitchen...and it's a semi-open kitchen

My bed room from the other side...

Move-in took so long that we missed the Olympic handover event down at Buckingham Palace and missed out on Michael Phelps. Anyway, after I moved my stuff in and have settled down a little bit, I went with a few people from the building to get some necessities and some lunch.

Since the straightener I got for my birthday has stopped working (No, it didn't blow up haha, just the voltage was too strong here that it would turn on w/o me switching it on...and then it died) I have to get a new one from Argos. This place is pretty cool; they sell everything you can think of, appliances, bedding, electronics, furniture, toys, video games, tv, dvd players, curtains, door knob, etc. at a low price. What you do is that you go inside the store, then you flip through the catalog, then you can use one of the machines next to the catalog counter to see if that product is in stock, then you pay for the product, and they'll bring it out from the huge warehouse in the back. Basically, it's like catalog shopping, except you do it at the store. You can also reserve it online and pay for it online and save the shipping by picking it up at the store and you wouldn't have to risk the chance of going to the store to find out that they are out of stock.

Instead of the Dollar store, we went to the Pound Store to get some paper towels, toilet paper, hangers, etc...I might need to go back to get more stuff this week.

This is why I love this store....haha j/k

In the evening, I went with a few guys from the building to The Warrington Hotel for some cider and lager. This place is just down the street from our flat and it's a pretty chill pub/bar and the prices are not bad. I think this will be our hang out place if we don't want to go out.

We were hungry so my flatmate and I walked to the other side and got some greasy food!

We saw the fried chicken and hot wings inside so we decided to get that instead...

Hot wings and chips!!! It's no Lee's Sandwich wings, but it's still great to eat some fried food and finally not a sandwich or pasta salad.

Well, I'm all settled...just need to buy a few more things here and there...but yeah, I have room if any of you decide to visit ;)

4 comments:

Jevon Lam said...

HAHA even in London you love your wings. Your flatmate is cool btw for the love of fried food same as I.

Annie said...

Hi, Jevon. How are you?

Annie said...

Your apartment is not bad. The kitchen is quite clean & well equipped. I hope you can fully used it.

Jevon Lam said...

I'm good. It's just not the same without Bernice around. Atleast she's having a lot of fun though.